Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two of my favorite things...

As a parent, it's always nice to see "fun design" interact with "tweak-my-child's-imagination-because-so-many-toys-on-the-market-are-mind-numbing."

Well, this next item up for bid isn't even a toy but the designer hit the needle right on the stitch.

Remember making lava courses out of couch cushions? Military battles out of twig forts and army men? Here's your very own racetrack (NASCARPET?).

The idea that this rug was "inspired by children's gestures" is perfect. I look at it and automatically picture my 6-year-old-self racing matchbox cars for hours and hours, until the enevitable fight that comes from my brother's incepid cheating. It does, however, make me think that if this rug was inspired by the gestures of children, was my carpet designed by middle fingers? We fought quite a bit...