Saturday, August 18, 2007

Please hold...

While I expressed my disdain for link-to-link-to-link posts in a previous post, this is only a double-link post.

I guess I won't bounce myself out of the bar.

J-Walk Blog has always been a fun little link. It's basically like BoingBoing and Neatorama...the only difference being that John Walkenbach posts stuff long before its made the Digg front page (no offense to Neatorama since they're not bad about their linkage, but BoingBoing editors are slacking on surfing due to private/global [ad]ventures. Am I jealous? You bet your ass...Xeni's trips between Tibet and Guatamala beat my lifetime accumulation of frequent flier miles. Kiribati included).

Recently, J-Walk made me think about something I encounter almost daily. I can't count the number of times I've mentally griped about cell phone messaging systems. We all know to "press 1" on certain systems to go straight to messaging, but how much time does that annoying little message waste?

This much.

How long do tech prompts/designs last before they're adopted culturally?

What else grinds your gears?