Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pretty damn pretty...

Look what bookofjoe found...

It's a bamboo framed bicycle...


I don't even have the words to describe it's coolness...

but Joe does...

Actually, one of our staff rides a Calfee (not the bamboo version) and another staff had mumbled something about "the frame could be bamboo," but I quickly pushed that comment out of my brain thinking it crazy talk. Now my brain is thinking of other cool things that could be made out of bamboo.

All I came up with is pan flute. Already made. Damn.

On a side note, I showed the previously pictured bike to said Calfee-riding staff member and even though he said his Calfee didn't have a bamboo frame, he was, in fact, looking for a local bamboo distributor. Apparently he was in the process of putting an addition on his house and was attempting bamboo gutters for the roof.

Did I tell you I love this firm?

Other cool bamboo mods:

A Bamboo Laptop...

A Bamboo Helmet...

Eco-Plastic Bamboo Car Trim...

A Bathroom Sink....


A VERY expensive Bamboo DVD Player...

Bamboo Charcoal...

Bamboo Speakers...

Bamboo Yarn...


And even bath towels...


The possibilities are endless and still...all I can think of is pan flute.

Damn you Gheorghe Zamfir and your melodic genius!!!